Aunt Nancy's Ramblings

In 60+ years I have had a lot of experiences and have learned some useful and a lot of not very useful things. I will probably be sharing some of both of those on this blog. What's useful to you, I hope you will accept with my love, and what isn't useful, I hope you will just forgive and skip over.

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Good Morning



Good Morning, World. It's a beautiful Saturday morning, and I am about to head for the garden to do a little work before it gets too hot, but for some reason (actually, it was Uncle Randy's idea) I got side-tracked to setting up this blog that I have talked about doing for a long time. So here I am, with the sun rising higher in the sky by the minute and precious gardening time ticking away, trying to think up something wise to say in my first message. Something that will keep you wanting to come back and visit with me.

I am a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, a mother-in-law, a sister-in-law, a grandmother, an aunt, a counselor, a social worker, a (sometimes) gardener, a reader, a teacher, a learner, a lecturer, a writer, an occasional poet, a parent educator, a friend, a consultant, and I suppose many other things. In 60+ years (I'm not being coy, but I don't intend to reveal my exact age), I have had a lot of experiences and have learned some useful and a lot of not very useful things. I will probably be sharing some of both of those on this blog. What's useful to you, I hope you will accept with my love, and what isn't useful, I hope you will just forgive and skip over.

For now, I am going to get some gardening done--because the sun is high and it is going to get hot. Maybe a good lesson for today is strike before the "iron" gets too hot. Or, in other words, timing is everything. If any wise thoughts come to me while I am planting flowers and pulling up weeds (and they sometimes do), I will be back to share them. In the meantime, be of good cheer and do something today that you love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home